Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Wooden Fish Weathervanes

Wooden Fish Weathervanes: November 27, 2018.  This is truly a work in progress.  The beginning of this was a search for others that have made, or make, wooden weathervanes, wind art out of wood or any thing that is close to that. I have found LOTS of commercial materials out there that are not so great. Some incredible art from gifted wood sculptures creating weathervane art that must cost in the $1,000s if not $10,000s. As noted below, the fish I have made fall into the rustic genre of outdoor, garden art.

Wooden Fish
Rustic best describes where I have been and where I am going.  So this is a start at putting my exploration out there for others that may or may not be thinking in the same direction as me.   I seriously doubt that I have had an original thought that made it into any thing I have made.  BUT, I have sampled from the web, built on now decades of tinkering with offset web press maintenance/ daily use, breaks for school, work, kids and life and now somewhat of a return to more time for tinkering with wood, furniture, kayaks,  and metal and bikes, I am pretty sure and others, hence, Woodetal, wood and other stuff.
    Woodetal@blogspot.net is the domain that was available and kind of described the path for this blog. Kind of an open format, running commentary of a diary to chronicle what I have done, fish and otherwise. I plan on detailing the many steps of  Wooden fish weathervane construction.  I have  built 8 plus at this time.  Not that I have it figured out, but I have enjoyed the work and result.  More later with better content and format. Woodmeandering
Fish out of water, moving in the wind:







No comments:

Post a Comment